Whatever business you are in, an Internet address or domain name is crucial to the future of your business. Imagine how often your company name, your address, your telephone number and your overall identity is used and referred to today and you will get some idea of the importance your domain name will have on the Internet.
Registering your domain is an important part of protecting your business. You may have spent a lot of time and money building your reputation, corporate identity and brands and if you fail to register appropriate domains you are open to abuse of this intellectual property.
Your domain name is linked to your web server's IP (Internet Protocol) address and identifies your web site's location on the Internet. It is the key that opens your door to a worldwide customer base.
Popular Domain Types
|co.uk||£12.23 per year|
|com||£26.03 per year|
|me||£19.10 per year|
|me.uk||£8.99 per year|
|org||£28.07 per year|
|org.uk||£8.99 per year|
Other Domain Types
|biz||£30.75 per year|
|eu||£26.33 per year|
|info||£30.75 per year|
|net||£26.13 per year|
- What is a domain name?
- A domain is a user-friendly naming system that allows people to easily navigate web servers and web pages. Rather than making people type in an IP address whenever they want to access a certain web page (like 126.96.36.199), websites are instead assigned easy-to-remember character strings, called domains.
- What is a TLD?
- "TLD" stands for "Top Level Domain" and refers to the domain extension to the right of the dot. For example, the TLD for freedomwebservices.net is ".net." Some other examples of TLD extensions are .com, .ork, .me, .eu, and many more.
- How can I buy a domain name?
- Buying a domain is easy. Click here and type in the domain you want into the domain search tool. If available, add it to your cart, and follow the check out procedure.
- How do I check if a domain name is available?
- The easiest way to see if a domain you want is available is to simply type the URL into our search and we’ll tell you if the domain can be registered or not.
- What can I do with my domain name?
- Domain names can be used in a number of ways. Direct visitors to your website’s home page or use complementary domains to send them to specific areas of your website ( e.g. yourcompany.jobs for a careers page). Or, forward a custom domain to an existing social media account, like your Twitter profile or Periscope channel. With a domain name you can even set up custom email addresses like firstname.lastname@example.org, which can be used to conduct business or communicate with your followers.
- I need hosting/SSL/email/other things for my website. Can I get it through Freedom Web Services?
- Of course! We offer everything from flexible hosting plans to SSL certificates, and custom emails.